Healthy Interventions for Autism, Asperger's, Sensory & ADHD
Healthy Interventions for Autism, Asperger's, Sensory & ADHD In Children and Adolescents
DSM 5 dictates that the diagnosis of Autism now subsumes Asperger's Syndrome and PDD-NOS, with reports by the CDC estimating that 1 in 88 U.S. children are identified as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Despite the overwhelming prevalence of ASD, the true causes of the disorder are only now coming to light. Parents & therapists are subjected to a confusing array of therapies.
This fresh one-day workshop was designed to integrate traditional & alternative therapies for the best possible outcomes. Utilizing multiple video demos, interventions as diverse as diet, video modeling & medication are explored. Behavioral interventions and social skills training are honed for use in the classroom and PT/OT/SLP office. New methods for handling meltdown then increasing classroom compliance are taught. This workshop will put the teacher and therapist in the mind of the autistic individual thereby allowing them to speak the child's language. Nonpharmocological interventions for ADHD and Sensory Processing Disorder will be thoroughly examined. You will return to your children with a proactive look at these disorders, and the tools to identify alternative, traditional and behavioral techniques & how they may apply in your setting.
Gary Eisenberg, Ph.D., CPQ
- Evidence-based effective Interventions for Autism, Asperger's, SPD and ADHD
- Comparative effectiveness of Alternative vs. Pharmacological approaches in childhood disorders
- Diet and Supplements for Autism and ADHD
- iPad and well-reviewed apps to boost classroom and therapeutic interest
- Sensory Processing Techniques to reduce autistic and hyperactive symptoms
- Social skills treatments of Asperger's Syndrome
- Techniques to reduce tantrums in therapeutic settings
- DSM-V update: new diagnosis Social Communication Disorder, and the new levels of Autism
- Identify proven alternative and traditional therapies for all childhood development disorders.
- Differentiate plausible from fad therapies in treating ADHD and Autism.
- Determine the role of using diet to treat Autism and ADHD.
- Recall which common environmental toxins are linked to Autism.
- Identify strategies for toxin-free homes, especially baby's room.
- Utilize techniques to stem aberrant behaviors in speech- language, physical and occupational therapies.
- Specify innovative social skills and parenting techniques to treat ADHD and Asperger's.
- Reference up-to-the minute research, resources and online aides for parents and professionals working with children.